I agree with and like these tips – make sense to get your emails opened! Here is the copy from the blog of Scott Case, who has 25,000 twitter followers…
How can you know what are click-worthy subject lines? Here are five best practices that should get you the ROI you?re seeking:
1. Connect with personal pronouns.In the age of social media, people want conversation with their content. Your subject line sets the tone for what readers can expect if they open your emails. You can increase your click-through rates by using personal pronouns like, ?you? and ?your? in your subject lines. Your readers will associate your emails with personal notes speaking to them setting it apart from the bland spam that clogs up their inboxes.
2. Ask a question.When you ask a question in your subject line, you entice your readers to open your emails to get the answer. This strategy works best when you ask a question that you know is on the minds of the people on your lists. Making a list of your customers FAQs, and doing polling and surveys periodically can help you create a list of smart subject lines.
3. Use percentages.People love percentages. They?re drawn to them because percentages pique their curiosity to find out what data supports the numbers.
4. Include odd numbers.No, we?re not talking about the 3, 5, 7 kind of ?odd?. Think retail strategy. Using numbers like 214 instead of rounding off to 200 catches people?s attention and increases the likelihood they will click on your email. Plus, odd numbers work best when you insert them at the start of the subject line.
5. Name your freebie.If you?re giving away a free report, a gift card, MP3 player or other lead generation tool in your email, make sure you include the name of it in your subject line. Your readers will perceive this email as containing extra value, incentivizing them to open and read your message instead of deleting it.
Here are some fill-in-the-blank examples to help get you started.
Why You Need _____________________
Why Does _____________________?
93% of Email Marketing Campaigns _____________________
126 Reasons Why _____________________
Top 5 Secrets for _____________________ (Video Included)
For more information about how to create email marketing campaigns that convert, go to our Contact Us page, or call us at (410)-366-9479 ext. 2#.Dina Wasmer is President of Incite Creative, a marketing and graphic design firm that provides brand-building services for small-to-middle market businesses and organizations in Maryland, DC and Virginia. For more information, log onto www.incitecreativeinc.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.